OUR GENERAL APPROACH TO COVID-19 (2020-03-19)
CGF is a Proudly South African company which offers a wide range of corporate governance services for all industry sectors, no matter the size of the organisation. Our Lead Independent Consultants specialise in various areas of governance risk and compliance (GRC), working across South Africa.
We are constantly monitoring the Government's prescriptions regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including all measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
Notwithstanding the unknown variables regarding this virus, we have been evaluating the potential impact of the virus on our business. Our priorities are the safety of our employees, consultants and clients, and the continuity of our business operations.
Avoiding Business Disruption by Operating Without Interruption
We have invested in technology and training that enables our consultants to operate remotely. We are reducing face-to-face meetings and encouraging the use of Microsoft Teams or Zoom for all client engagements as far as possible. Face-to-face meetings and conferences will be limited and our governance training sessions will be conducted online as far as possible.
Keeping Our Clients, Lead Independent Consultants and Employees Safe
We are approaching COVID-19 outbreak with extreme caution to ensure the health and safety of our clients, consultants and employees.
We are also following the guidelines issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and relevant SA governmental health organisations. We have implemented the following precautionary hygiene measures:
- we are reducing face-to-face meetings and encouraging the use of video conferencing;
- we have temporarily suspended all business travel arrangements and have recommended that our consultants and employees refrain from personal, domestic or international travel;
- we will abide by the rule of no more than 100 persons being present at any business event. Our functions, meetings and training will be kept to small gatherings of no more than 30 individuals. However, we will continue to monitor developments in respect of the spread of the virus and will make decisions regarding these events with an eye on maximum caution and vigilance;
- we are working closely with our suppliers and partners (whether in affected areas or otherwise) to ensure that they are also taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus and ensure their own sustainability;
- hand sanitizers have been implemented throughout our offices for both client and employee use. Regular cleaning of hand-touch areas at our offices with disinfectants is also being done;
- our consultants and employees have been requested to avoid hand-shakes, as hands carry a lot of germs. Appropriate distances and office seating arrangements have also been introduced that avoid close human contact; and
- ‘social distancing’ is being practised by our consultants and employees and we urge our stakeholders to do the same. We fully support the self-isolation activities advocated by the various authorities.
The above steps all help promote a safe environment for our clients, consultants, employees and suppliers.
Each of us has a responsibility to act responsibly to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
We will advise all our stakeholders of any potential risk of exposure and expect them to do the same.
United we can and will make a difference in restricting the spread of this virus.
Yours in good governance.
The CGF Executive
Follow CGF on Twitter: @CGFResearch
Click on this link sacoronavirus.co.za for the official COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Resource Portal for South Africa.